8.19.2008

Yay, Google! Opps, Google!

Today Google added in a "walking" option to Google maps.


I played with it a bit...

Less useful for Durham, NC than it would on a trip to DC or NYC where it would be REALLY helpful. For example, walking directions from my office to my accupuncturist are 3 hours and 28 minutes....

It is still somewhat buggy, ("We could not calculate driving directions between dca and 15th Street Southwest, Washington, DC 20024." received when trying to switch from driving from Regan National to the Washington Monument to walking to it), but seems like a very cool addition.

However, in the same day Google Toolbar decided that links to Google Documents embedded in a Google created Gadget on the iGoogle page were illegal pop-ups that must be blocked.

*sigh*

Big step forward, annoying step backward....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, how I love that I can come here and find that you have tested/discovered something before I have to try to use it...! Google should probably be paying you for all the QC work you're doing.

Yet Another Girl said...

I don't even get Google ad revenue off of here anymore... too much potential conflict of interest!