11.08.2007

No, Not A Dot-Commer!!


Today I'm volunteering at a career fair to talk to middle schoolers (and their parents) about working in IT/Web.


So last night I had to figure out what to wear. I wanted something dressy enough to impress any other speakers I ran into, but not so intimidating that the kids all run away.


So, digging through the laundry I found my "I'm blogging this" t-shirt, a pair of light colored jeans, and my interview blazer.


I put the combo on, and my husband says, "You look like a dot-commer."


My reply, "Well, that's no good."


I kept the jeans and blazer, but replaced the faded t-shirt with a sweater. Much better.


(No one wants to look like a dot-commer, not even someone who has owned "yetanotherdot.com" for 8 years.)


Sorry, poll-takers, there haven't been any websites that really ticked me off this week. But, there's 2 days to go!


No comments: