11.09.2007

Automatic Translation... Still a Bad Idea

So, there's an article about the ludicrous results when Israeli journalists used Bablefish to write the Dutch foreign ministry.

"The beginning of the email read: 'Helloh bud, enclosed five of the questions in honor of the foreign minister: The mother your visit in Israel is a sleep to the favor or to the bed your mind on the conflict are Israeli Palestinian.'"

In honor of that article, as well as my ongoing threads about Google fubars (maybe I need a tag for Google!), I present to you what was one of my favorite poems. Translated English --> Russian --> English-->Italian--->English by Google. (I threw in the additional loop because the language is so simple in this particular poem.)

Bonus points to the first person to name the original!

People who live in a city rather than
(Floating many bells down)
Spring Summer Fall Winter
He sang, he danced, has not delivered on his

Women and men (so few and small)
Anyone not care at all
They sowed they were not able to take their
Sun Moon Star rain

Indovinato children (but only slightly
And down they forgot as increased activity
The fall winter spring summer)
Let no one is more loved more

Now, when and tree leaves
She posmeetsya his joy for his pain, he cried
Bird mix of snow and still
One is everything

Someone married all,
We laughed cryings and not their dance
(I hope that after sleep and then)
That said they slept nevers you

Sun Moon Star rain
(And the snow can only explain
As children tend to forget to remember
Before floating down many bells)

One day, I think that nobody died
(And nobody stooped to kiss his face)
Busy People buried them side by side
Little by little, and were

All all deep and profound
Increasingly, they want their sleep
No, and anyone earth by April
I wish the spirit and, if so.

Women and men (both power and dong)
Spring Summer Fall Winter
Received their seed and went their profits
Sun Moon Star rain

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's totally "anyone lived in a pretty how town", by e e cummings. I mean, totally! :)

Anonymous said...

I had to resort to Google, never having read that particular poem. Nice!

Yet Another Girl said...

This is one of my favorite poems. I almost used it on our wedding favors, but I thought people might think it was depressing since... you know... he dies.