8.01.2007

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

(I looked for a graphic on google under images, "celine dion hate", but alas nothing quite horrific enough came up. Oh the trials of an intellectual-theft inclined blogger.)

Today I am looking @ a site which has a color scheme my boss likes.

It's for an inn.

It has music.

The music starts automatically.

The music has NO CONTROLS. The only way to silence it is to mute my laptop.

So, as a designer, WHEN THE HELL DID WE RE-ENABLE THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOR? I'm pretty sure auto-playing music was banned in something like 1997. Along with and those lovely decorated vertical lines.

Because it's not just that site. I've seen this on a bunch of sites lately, and the incidence appears to be growing.

STOP IT. STOP IT RIGHT NOW. DON'T TELL THE CLIENT YOU CAN DO IT. LIE TO THE CLIENT.

OR BETTER YET, TELL THE CLIENT THAT THEY WILL BE SET UPON BY ANGRY MOBS OF WEB USABILITY PROFESSIONALS. WHICH SHOULD BE THE TRUTH.

OK, I'M SORRY FOR ALL CAPS.

It really is quite upsetting. Not as upsetting as the whole snopes-no-left-click thing. But close.

No comments: