7.02.2007

Don't Look Back...

As a designer one of the most painful parts of moving on is watching your work be transferred by others without your input.

I usually find these changes when I'm either looking for something I've done to use as an example, or when I'm building a portfolio.

Today I stumbled upon a little application -- BlackWidow. It looks to be doing an excellent job of replicating a site I used to work on. Which is good, b/c it's painful to watch some of the changes that have been wrought on the site. Some of the changes are frustrating (as soon as you're not there to say no, someone has their way), some of them are disappointing (a program which had achieved much praise being dismantled), others are just confusing (why did they do THAT?).

The advice to Orpheus was right -- don't look back.




No comments: