9.17.2007

What Exactly Is Wrong w/ Threaded Comments?

I'm an early adopter and enthusiastic user of a Web 2.0 site.


Well... sort of.


I've lost my enthusiasm because it doesn't support threaded discussions. Not only does it not support threaded discussions... the main site developer has said that he thinks they are bad and won't touch them.


And I'm left wondering... what exactly is so bad about a threaded discussion? I wish Blogger supported threaded comments; how else do I reply to someone specifically?


I know that some forums go crazy w/ the flaming, but I don't see a lack threading stopping that any time soon.


So, someone tell me, because I really do want to know, what the heck is so evil about being able to visually represent exactly which comment I'm replying to?


No comments: