8.23.2007

Not Really Being Very Helpful...

I need to know about epi-pens and carry on restrictions.

So I brought up http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtravel/prohibited/permitted-prohibited-items.shtm.

Problems:

1)Clicking on "Medication & Special Needs Devices" brings up the same list as clicking on "Makeup & Personal Items " (Feels like a CMS gone wrong.) I don't know about TSA, but I don't normally class my mascara in the same category as a syringe of insulin.

2)Nowhere does the page address issues such as casts, braces, implants, diabetes drugs, epi-pens, inhalers, or other possible questions -- which if they aren't here, should be linked from here.

3)Um, just for the record, TSA people, "Personal Lubricant" does not mean eyedrops. You've evidently missed the last 20 years of AIDS education, but "Personal Lubricant" is the super polite way of saying, "KY, Astroglide, Surgilube, Cornhuskers, or whatever it is that you use when getting it on."

#3 I screen captured.

No comments: